Tolouse, France (2011-07-14/16)
Written by Denis Lafourcade
The 22nd SFTE-EC Annual Symposium took place at the Palais des Congrés in Toulouse. As it was the case in 1997 and 2003, the SFTE-EC Symposium was co-organized with ETTC 2011 (European Test and Telemetry Conference).
Dedication and personal involvement were necessary to get things done and I wish to express special thanks to:
- Philippe Ferretti for his help in managing the technical programme
- Elizabeth Tuffet, Maryse Bonnefont and Dominique Berbon for the handling of registrations as well as their involvement at the front desk during the three days
- Alain Maury for the preparation of the Airbus booth in the exhibition and all the logistic affairs before and during the event
- The ETTC Board (Guy Destarac, Jean-Claude Ghnassia and Alice Torgue) for their friendly and efficient contribution
- The SFTE-EC Board (Henk Jentink, Christian Buck, Jesus Javier Fernandez Orio, Massimo Longo, Andrew Pegg, Rudolf Heinzinger, Reinhard Exner) for their active support all along these difficult months
- The Airbus Flight & Integration Test Centre management, Fernando Alonso and Gérard Mathieu, who accepted to sponsor the Symposium. Without their help, the event should not have been a success.
Tuesday, June 14th
A plenary session gathering participants of the two events took place in the morning. Fernando Alonso, Head of the Flight and Integration Test Centre of Airbus welcome participants and presented a status of the main programmes under development (A400M, A350, Neo), as well as the future challenges to be faced by Flight Test Engineers. Then Guy Destarac, Treasurer of ETTC and Henk Jentink, President of SFTE-EC had the opportunity to welcome on their turn participants and to open the first session of presentations.